středa 4. listopadu 2009, 15:23
The General Assembly,
Guided by the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations,
Recalling the relevant rules and principles of international law, including international humanitarian and human rights law, particularly the Fourth Geneva Convention relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War, of 12 August 1949, which is applicable to the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem,
Recalling also the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the other human rights covenants, including the International Covenants on Civil and Political Rights and on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, and the Convention on the Rights of the Child,
Recalling its relevant resolutions, including resolution ES-10/18 of 16 January 2009 of its tenth emergency special session,
Recalling also the relevant Security Council resolutions, including resolution 1860 (2009) of 8 January 2009,
Recalling the relevant resolutions of the Human Rights Council, including resolution S-12/1 of 16 October 2009,
Expressing its appreciation to the "United Nations Fact Finding Mission on the Gaza Conflict" led by Justice Richard Goldstone for their comprehensive report,
Affirming the obligation of all parties to respect international humanitarian law and international human rights law,
Emphasizing the importance of the safety and well-being of all civilians, and reaffirming the obligation to ensure the protection of civilians in armed conflict,
Gravely concerned by reports regarding serious human rights violations and grave breaches of international humanitarian law committed during the Israeli military operations in the Gaza Strip that were launched on
27 December 2008, including the findings of the "United Nations Fact Finding Mission on the Gaza Conflict" and the Secretary-General's Board of Inquiry,
Condemning all targeting of civilians and civilian infrastructure and institutions, including United Nations facilities,
Stressing the need to ensure accountability for all violations of international humanitarian law and international human rights law for preventing impunity, ensuring justice, deterring further violations and promoting peace,
Convinced that achieving a just, lasting and comprehensive settlement of the question of Palestine, the core of the Arab-Israeli conflict, is imperative for the attainment of a comprehensive, just and lasting peace and stability in the Middle East,
1. Endorses the report of the Human Rights Council on its Twelfth Special Session of 15-16 October 2009;
2. Requests the Secretary-General to transmit the report of the "United Nations Fact Finding Mission on the Gaza Conflict" to the Security Council;
3. Calls upon the Government of Israel to take all appropriate steps, within a period of three months, to undertake investigations that are independent, credible and in conformity with international standards into the serious violations of international humanitarian and international human rights law reported by the "United Nations Fact Finding Mission on the Gaza Conflict" towards ensuring accountability and justice;
4. Urges, in line with the recommendation of the "United Nations Fact Finding Mission on the Gaza Conflict", the undertaking of investigations that are independent, credible and in conformity with international standards, within a period of three months, by the Palestinian side into the serious violations of international humanitarian and international human rights law reported by the "United Nations Fact Finding Mission on the Gaza Conflict" towards ensuring accountability and justice;
5. Recommends to the Government of Switzerland, in its capacity as depositary of the Fourth Geneva Convention, to undertake the necessary steps as soon as possible to reconvene a Conference of the High Contracting Parties to the Geneva Convention on measures to enforce the Convention in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem, and to ensure its respect in accordance with common article 1;
6. Requests the Secretary-General to report to the General Assembly, within a period of three months, on the implementation of the present resolution, with a view to considering further action, if necessary, by the relevant United Nations organs and bodies, including by the Security Council;
7. Decides to remain seized of the matter.
Novinky.cz svým čtenářům přinášejí nejobsáhlejší profil Islámského státu na českém internetu. Obsahuje historii radikální organizace,...
Redakce Novinek připravila shrnutí nejdůležitějších informací o viru zika. Připomeňte si s námi vše, co víme o viru, jenž zburcoval...
Redakce Novinek připravila shrnutí informací o amerických primárkách konaných v roce 2016. Nahlédněte s námi pod pokličku voleb nového...
Redakce Novinek na sklonku roku 2015 připravila shrnutí nejdůležitějších událostí z České republiky i světa za posledních 12 měsíců....